If I had to reduce this little collection to just a top 3 (perish the thought!) then that would have to start with my clearly overused Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in the colour Fair. It lasts for hours and is easy to blend, PLUS its light texture means it can be built up to provide good coverage without the dreaded 'I'm obviously trying to cover up a bad skin day' caked on effect!
Secondly MASCARA. I tend to feel naked without it as it opens up the eyes and instantly brightens up any face! Im currently trying out Rimmel's Scandaleyes in Blackest Black, the brush is giant which does help with volume; however I am finding the consistency a little watery so it hasn't replaced my favourite Bourjois Volumizer 1-2 which is frankly AMAZING.
My third essential would have to be Cliniques Superfine Liner for Brows in the shade 02 Soft Brown. Until last year I had never paid much attention to my brows, I plucked them and had them threaded but never realised how much they frame your face. Mine arent terrible but lack a strong arch and can appear sparse, they take seconds to enhance and I find Clinique's liner blendable and subtle.
The other six items are not 'desert island' items but if my bag is big enough I like the comfort of their presence to rescue my melting 'long day at work' face!
- Maxfactor Xperience Weightless Foundation in 40 Light Ivory. This provides a light to medium coverage but is easy to build up and blend. Plus it has an SPF10 which isnt great for camera flashes but protects delicate skin which is distinctly more important!
- Rimmel Soft Kohl in 061 Jet Black. This is a very blendable eye pencil and can transform a minimal daytime look to a stronger evening one with a little pencil along the lashline (not necessarily neatly applied) and then just blended to a soft smoke with your index finger.
- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in 48 Evasion, this is a lovely peachy pink lipstick which applies like a balm. It is subtle but adds just enough colour to brighten the complexion. Also the colour 54 Boy is a nice pinky alternative.
- Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm. LIP SAVIOUR. Also smells delicious and adds just a hint of colour.
- Loreal True Match Blusher in 140 Sandalwood Rose. A good little compact blush complete with a mirror and applicator blush, handy to keep in your bag!
- Nivea Soft Moisturiser. I always have to moisturise before applying foundation, so a travelsize pot of this cream is always useful. It's cheap, smells great and it one of the most effective moisturisers that I have ever used despite its low pricetag!
I hope this has been a helpful little insight into some of my current handbag faves but with so many new proucts on the market, they are subject to change come payday!